书城外语实用生活文库-通晓交际英语
6543500000015

第15章 学生会

经典表述

Iam very interested in joining the Student Union.

我对加入学生会很感兴趣。

Taking it all in all,he is capable enough to be the president of the Student Union.

从各方面情况来看,他有足够的能力成为学生会的主席。

After the heated election,David had the last laugh.

经过激烈的选举,大卫取得了最终的胜利。

情景对话

Dialogue One

A:Do you want to join the Student Union?

你想加入学生会吗?

B:No.I have no time to do that kind of things.How about you?

不。我没有时间做那种事情。你呢?

A:I am very interested in it.Maybe it will be helpful to get a job after graduation.

我挺感兴趣的。也许会对毕业后找工作有帮助。

B:You must have good academic records to win a position in the Student Union.

要在学生会赢得一个位置,你必须有好成绩。

A:That’s not a big problem.Taking it all in all,I can say I am a good student.

那不是个大问题。从各方面情况来看,我能说自己是个好学生。

B:What on earth are you so interested in joining the union?

你到底为什么对入会这么感兴趣呢?

A:No other special reasons.I just want to make me more competitive in the furture.

没有别的特殊原因。我只想让自己在将来更有竞争力。

B:When is the Student Union election?

学生会选举是什么时候?

A:At the beginning of the next month.

下个月初。

B:What do you need to prepare?

你得准备些什么呢?

A:First of all,I need to take some pictures to show my image.Secondly,making fliers to propagandize my advantages and ask people to vote for me.Thirdly,writing a seditious speech.

首先,我需要拍些照片展示我的形象。第二,制作传单宣传我的优势并让别人投我的票。第三,写一份具有煽动性的演讲稿。

B:It seems that you have thought of the issue for a long time.

看来你想这件事想了很久了。

A:Only several weeks.My cousin was the vice president of the Student Union in her school.

只几个星期而已。我的表姐过去是她学校学生会的副主席。

B:No wonder you are so experienced in the election.I have a question for you.

难怪你对选举这么有经验。我有一个问题。

A:Go ahead.

问吧。

B:Who is going to sponsor you?It will cost at least 200 pounds to make preparations.

谁会赞助你呢?做好准备至少得花200磅。

A:That’s really an anxiety.However,on the positive side,I have a deposit of 100 pounds.

那是令人不安。不过就积极方面而言,我有100磅的存款。

B:To be flank with you,I am in the red.

老实和你说,我还欠债呢。

the last person in the world...本句并非指在世上的最后一个人,而是根据后面句意所指的最不可能做某件事的人,或是某件事最不可能发生在其身上。

A:Set your heart at rest.You are the last person in the world I’d have borrowed money from.

放心。这世上,我最不可能问你借钱了。

Dialogue Two

A:That was a great speech.I will vote for Fiona in the election.

那是个不错的演讲。我会在选举时投费奥娜一票。

B:I don’t believe she can keep all the promises in her speech.

我不相信她能信守在演讲中的承诺。

A:Why do you think so?

为什么你会这么认为呢?

B:I have known her for a long time.She likes to cut a smart figure and brag.

我认识她有很长时间了。她喜欢出风头和说大话。

A:But she looks very nice.

可是她看上去人很好呀。

Don’t judge a book by its cover.在本句中指书籍的封面,全句原意为不要根据一本书的封面判断书籍内容的好坏。与汉语中的人不可貌相,海水不可斗量相对应。

B:Don’t judge a book by its cover.I will vote for David,though his speech is not very attractive.

人不可貌相。我会投大卫的票,虽然他的演讲不太吸引人。

A:David used to be my neighbour.He is warmhearted and always helps others.

大卫过去是我的邻居。他很热心,总是帮助别人。

B:Why do you vote for Fiona since you know David very well?

既然你很了解大卫,为什么投票给费奥娜呢?

A:Becarse if Fiona does the best job like what she promises,we will have lots of fun this year.On the other hand,David won’t be a good leader.

因为如果费奥娜能像她所说的那样,尽力干好工作的话,我们今年就有得玩了。另外,大卫成不了一个好的领导者。

B:You just said he would always helped others.

你刚才还说他总是帮助别人呢。

A:That’s true,but he isn’t capable enough to be the president of the Student Union.He is more suitable to be a small cadre.

那是真的,但是他没有足够的能力成为学生会的主席。他更适合当一个小干部。

B:You think Fiona will win the election,don’t you?

你认为费奥娜会赢得选举,是吗?

A:She has a big chance to win.

她赢的机会很大。

B:I hope David will win the election.

我希望大卫赢得选举。

Dialogue Three

A:Hi,David.Congratulations on wining the election.

嘿,大卫。恭喜你选举获胜。

B:Thanks.I didn’t expect to become the president.You know there were many strong competitors.

谢谢。我并没有期望会成为主席。你知道有许多很强的竞争者。

A:It’s a heated election,especially the final.Fortunately,you have the last laugh.I suppose Fiona was the strongest opponent.Even some of your friends voted for her.

选举很激烈,特别是决赛。幸运地是,你获得了最终的胜利。我想费奥娜是你最强的竞争对手,甚至于一些你的朋友也投了她的票。

B:She is clever and capable.I will support her to be the vice president.With her assistance,the Student Union can organize more interesting activities.

她聪明又能干。我会支持她成为副主席。有了她的协助,学生会能组织更多有趣的活动。

A:Don’t you mind that she spoke ill of you in order to win the election.

你不介意她为了赢得选举而说你的坏话吗?

B:She did mention someone’s weak-points in the speech.However,she didn’t fabricate the story if the person she said was me.

她在演讲中说了某人的缺点。不过,她并没有捏造事实,如果她说的那个人就是我。

A:I am right in voting for you.Hope you will be the best president in our school.

投票给你是对的。希望你能成为我校最好的主席。

B:I will do my best.

我会尽力的。

1.competitive竞争的,有竞争力的(价格)

2.election选举

3.flier飞行者,快车,快船

4.propagandize宣传,传播,(对……)作宣传

5.seditious煽动性的,妨碍治安的

6.experienced富有经验的

7.sponsor发起人,主办者

8.anxiety忧虑,焦急,渴望

9.brag吹牛

10.cadre基础结构,骨骼,干部

11.competitor竞争者

12.assistance协助,援助,补助

13.fabricate制作,构成,捏造,伪造,虚构