书城外语实用生活文库-通晓交际英语
6543500000016

第16章 饮食

经典表述

Would you like to order now,or would you like some time to decide?

你们是现在就点菜呢,还是先商量商量?

Give me a cup of hot tea,please.

请来杯热茶。

This discount card is acceptable at lunch time.

这张打折卡可以在午餐时使用。

情景对话

Dialogue One

A:David told me that the new dining-hall has many kinds of food,such as fried rice,noodles and dumplings.Do you want to dine with me?

大卫告诉我新食堂有很多种食物,像炒饭、面条和饺子。你想和我一起去吃饭吗?

B:Um,I am not fond of oily food.

嗯,我不是很喜欢油腻的食物。

A:Even vegetarians have lots of choices there.If you have no arrangement tonight,just go with me.It’s on my treat.

连素食者在那儿都有很多选择。如果你今晚没有安排,和我一起去吧。我请客。

B:When did you become so generous?

你什么时候变得这么大方了?

A:As a matter of fact,I am desperate for your help as the dissertation is due on nest Tuesday.

事实上,我急于得到你的帮助,因为下周二要交论文了。

B:Don’t you think of greasing my palm by a meal?

难道你认为一顿饭就能买通我?

A:Hey,pal,I have always regarded you as my best friend.A friend in need is a friend indeed.Moreover,eating instant noodles is bad for your health!

嘿,伙计,我一直把你当做最好的朋友。患难见真情。再说,吃方便面对你的健康不利。

B:Okay,I will go as long as you are willing to buy steak.

好,只要你愿意买牛排,我就去。

A:You don’t like oily food,do you?

你不喜欢油腻食物,不是吗?

B:Sometimes,I don’t mind changing my taste.

有时候,我不介意改变口味。

Dialogue Two

A:Good afternoon.Please come this way.

午安。这边请。

B:This is a nice restaurant.

一家挺不错的餐厅。

A:Thank you.Would you like anything to drink?

谢谢。想要喝点什么呢?

B:I’ll have a cup of coffee with oream,please.

我要一杯加奶精的咖啡。

A:Okay.And would you like to order now?

好的。现在要点菜吗?

B:Yes.Do you have specialties?

是的。你们有什么特色菜呢?

A:I’d recommend crispy pancake and onion soup.

我推荐脆煎饼和洋葱汤。

B:Then I’ll have a helping of crispy pancake and soup.Can I use this discount card?

那我就要一份脆煎饼和汤吧。我能用这张打折卡吗?

A:Well,it’s acceptable at lunch time,but now...

这张卡午餐时可以使用,但现在……

B:Oh,it’s OK.

噢,那没关系。

A:Here is your food.

这是您的食物。

B:Thank you.

谢谢你。

Dialogue Three

A:Lucy,you’ve stared at the menu for a quarter.Can you tell me what on earth you want to eat?

露西,你已经盯着菜单看了一刻钟了。能告诉我你到底想吃什么吗?

B:Don’t be so impatient.There are too many choices.

别这么不耐烦。选择太多了。

A:Ten more minutes for you,and then I will order for you if you are still uncertain.

再多给你十分钟,如果你还不确定的话,我会为你点的。

B:Are you so hungry?

你这么饿吗?

A:You are to blame.Last night,I only ate some spinach soup and garden salad.That’s all because you said I would look gorgeous after losing 10 pounds.

那得怪你。昨晚,我只喝了一些菠菜汤和蔬菜色拉。因为你说减去10磅后,我会看上去非常漂亮。

B:I really think so.

我真这么想的。

A:You know how could I survive this morning?6 mugs of water!

你知道今天早上我怎么活的?6大杯水!

B:So you will give up the weight-reducing plan?

所以你会放弃减肥计划?

A:Of course not.Can I get a double cheeseburger for the last time?

当然不了。我能不能吃个双层干酪汉堡包,最后一次?

B:You should be responsible for your weight since you are mot a kid.

你已不再是个孩子了,应该为自己的体重负责。

A:Fine,give me some recommendations except the spinach soup and garden salad.

好了,给我推荐点什么,除了菠菜汤和蔬菜色拉。

B:Sausages...

香肠……

A:My favorite!

我的最爱。

B:Not suitable for you.A piece of bread and a cup of defatted milk are your best choice.

不适合你。一片面包和一杯去脂牛奶是你的最佳选择。

A:How about you then?

那么你呢?

B:A double cheeseburger and chips.

一份双层干酪汉堡包和薯片。

A:Don’t be so inhumae!

别这么残忍。

1.vegetarian素食者

2.generous慷慨的,大方的

3.desperate不顾一切的,拼死的

4.instant立即的,直接的,紧迫的

5.pancake薄烤饼

6.crispy易碎的,精神爽快的

7.acceptable可接受的,合意的

8.spinach菠菜

9.cheeseburger夹干酪和碎牛肉的三明治

10.inhumane残忍的