书城外语实用生活文库-通晓交际英语
6543500000021

第21章 上网

经典表述

Network is a collection of computers that are connected together so they can share information.

网络就是可以共同享有有关信息,相互联结起来的一批计算机。

You’ll find many topics after entering the chat room.

当你进入聊天室后,你会发现有很多可供交流的话题。

情景对话

Dialogue One

A:Can you tell me how to use the search engine?

你能告诉我如何使用搜索引擎吗?

B:Let me tell you step by step.

让我一步步地告诉你吧。

A:OK.

好!

B:At first,you can click www.google.com.

首先,我们可以点击google网站。

A:What’s the next step?

接下来干什么呢?

B:We type into the key words.

我们接着输入关键词。

A:Then it will search automatically.

然后它就自动搜索了。

B:Yes,it will show a lot of websites or information about the key words.

对,它会列举一系列与关键词有关的网址和信息。

A:If I find the website I need,what shall I do?

如果找到了我需要的网址,我该怎么做?

B:That’s easy.Just click the website,and you can enter.

很简单。你只要点击网址,就可以进入了。

A:Thank you for your help.

谢谢你的帮助。

Dialogue Two

A:Are you going to buy newspaper again?

你又要去买报纸了吗?

B:No,I needn’t.

不,我不需要了。

A:Why?

为什么?

B:I began to get the news on internet,there’s plenty of news.

我开始从网上获得信息了,网上有充足的信息。

A:Can you tell me how to subscribe news on the Internet?

你能告诉我如何从网上订阅新闻吗?

B:We usually use E-mail.

我们通常使用电子邮件。

A:How do you do it?

怎样使用呢?

B:Enter the website you want to subscribe to,and then type in your E-mail address.That’s all.

首先进入你想订阅新闻的网站,然后输入你的电子邮箱地址就行了。

A:So I can receive the E-mail of news soon.

那样我很快就可以收到带新闻的邮件了。

B:Yes.You can get more information on internet than in newspapers.

对。你可以从网上获得比报纸上多的信息。

Dialogue Three

A:You look listless.Are you all right?

你看起来无精打采的,还好吧?

B:I didn’t sleep much last night.

我昨晚几乎一夜没合眼。

A:How come?

怎么了?

B:My roommates were playing online computer games all night long.

我的室友一整晚都在玩网络电脑游戏。

A:Don’t you like online games?

你不喜欢网络游戏吗?

B:No.I usually get lots of information on the Internet and use E-mail to send messages to my friends.

不喜欢。我通常只是在网上获取信息,和用电子邮件给朋友们发信息。

A:Me,too.Recently,I’m fascinated with net-chat.I’ve made many friends on the net.

我也一样。最近我迷上了网上聊天了。我已经在网上结交了很多朋友了。

B:Don’t you think it’s a sheer waste of both time and money?

你不觉得那样纯粹是浪费时间和金钱吗?

A:I’m afraid not.I think net-chat has a great deal to do with human interaction.

我不觉得。我认为网上聊天对人们的交往有很大的作用。

1.search engine搜索引擎

2.step by step 逐步地

3.automatically自动地,机械地

4.subscribe订阅

5.listless情绪低落的

6.fascinate使着迷,使神魂颠倒

7.sheer全然的,纯粹的,绝对的