书城外语实用生活文库-通晓交际英语
6543500000020

第20章 兼职工作

经典表述

I will apply for a part-time job during the summer vacation.

我会在暑假期间申请一份兼职工作。

How on earth can he put up with working here for so long?

他怎么能忍受在这里干这么长时间呢?

情景对话

Dialogue One

A:I will apply for a part-time job during the summer vacation.

我会在暑假期间申请一份兼职工作。

B:So do I.

我也是。

A:I thought you would go on vacation with your parents.

我以为你会和父母去度假呢。

B:My parents invited me,but I want to make more money for next semester’s tuition.Do you need to pay tuition on your own?

我父母邀请我去,但为了下学期的学费,我想多挣点钱。你需要自己付学费吗?

A:Yes.And I also want to buy a new car.I can’t stand that old ‘Ford’any longer.

是的。而且我也想买一辆新车。我再也不能忍受那辆老福特了。

B:What kind of job are you looking for?

你想找什么样的工作呢?

A:Finding a good part-time job is getting difficult.I am interested in any job available.It look me almost a whole week to find a job in the winter vacation.

找一份好的兼职工作变得困难了。我对任何能获得的工作都感兴趣。在寒假,我花了整整一周才找到份工作。

B:What job did you finally get?

最后找了份什么工作呢?

A:A private computer computer recruited me as they had a bid deal at that time.I learned lots of new knowledge when being the programmer there.

一个私人的电脑公司招了我因为他们那时有了一笔大订单。在那儿当编程员的时候,我学到了许多新知识。

B:What’s the pay then?

那么给多少钱呢?

A:8 dollars per hour.Very good,wasn’t it?How can I get such a good job in the coming vacation?

每小时8元。很不错,不是吗?在即将来临的假期,我如何才能得到这么好的工作呢?

B:I wish you good luck.Bob phoned me yesterday to ask whether I would be willing to be his brother’s tutor.

祝你好运。鲍勃昨天打电话问我是否愿意当他弟弟的家庭教师。

A:What subject does he want you to teach?

他想让你教什么呢?

B:Piano and math.I may accept the job.His brother is very cute.

钢琴和数学。我可能接受这份工作。他的弟弟非常机灵。

A:No bad.Bob will have enough chances to seek you.

不错。鲍勃有足够的机会追你了。

B:You must under no circumstances believe any rumor.

你千万别信任何谣言。

Dialogue Two

A:You apply for a part-time job in our company during the summer vacation.I would like to ask you a few questions.

你申请在我们公司做暑期兼职。我想问你几个问题。

B:Yes,please.

好的。请问吧。

A:Have you ever worked for newspapers before?

你以前在报社工作过吗?

B:No.But I have been the journalist for our University newspaper.

没有。但是我是我们校报的记者。

A:I noticed that in your resume.Is you work confined to interviewing people?

我在你的简历中注意到了。你的工作只局限于采访吗?

B:Actually no.I have also been the editor too.

不是的。事实上,我还兼任编辑。

A:Well,I think you should be able to do the work all right with your experience.

很好。我想以你的经验,你应该能胜任这份工作。

B:You mean I have the job!

你是说我得到这份工作了。

A:Yes.Can you start next week?

对。你下周能开始工作吗?

B:No problem.Thank you very much.

没问题。谢谢你。

Dialogue Three

A:How is your new job?

你的新工作怎样了?

B:God,I’ve had it with this job.

天啊。我真是受够了。

A:What happened?

怎么了?

B:I argued with the manager yesterday.

我昨天和经理吵了一架。

A:So,are you going to quit?

那么你要辞职吗?

B:If it weren’t for the money,I would quit immediately.I need money to pay for my studies and I can’t get it elsewhere.How about you?

如果不是为了钱,我立刻就辞职了。我需要钱来付学费,又没有别的赚钱方法。你怎么样?

A:I’ve found a job to at a publishing company.

我在一家出版社找了份工作。

B:Lucky you.That’s a hot job.Can you handle it?

你真幸运。那是个热门的工作。你能应付吗?

A:Sure.It’s my line you know.

当然。你知道那是我的老本行。

B:Hope I can find something like that.

真希望我能找到像你那样的工作。

1.vacation假期,休假,(房屋等的)腾出

2.deal交易,(政治上的)密约,买卖

3.pay薪水,工资

4.coming来到

5.cute可爱的,聪明的

6.resume履历

7.journalist新闻记者,从事新闻杂志业的人

8.quit离开,辞职,停止