书城外语不懂这些英文你就OUT了
3142000000020

第20章 80~90超口秀 (4)

After graduation he and I drifted apart.

毕业后我和他就各奔东西了。

奔奔语:毕业那天,我们一起失恋。

I am the equal of my words,never going back on them.

我说到做到,从不食言。

奔奔语:相信我,你的选择是正确的。

He makes a huge sum of side money every month.

他每个月都会挣到一大笔外快。

奔奔语:就是不知道渠道合不合法。

I am just like a run errands guy.

我就是像一个跑腿的人。

奔奔语:奔奔们的共同体会!

Let’s sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk about it.

让我们坐下来好好谈一谈这件事。

奔奔语:搞得这么严肃,是多重要的一件事啊!

He looks off-color today.

他今天看起来身体不爽。

奔奔语:完了吧,终于累着了吧!

The truth hurts.

现实总是残酷的。

奔奔语:我们总是会接受的!

I’m not from around here.

我不是本地人。

奔奔语:我是你们口中的“老外地!”

(在扬眉吐气后说这句话最爽)

I’ll make it up to you.

我会报答你的。

奔奔语:相信我,我是知恩图报的人。

Everybody thought my plan was great,but the boss threw cold water on it.

大家都一致认为我的方案很棒,但是老板却给我泼冷水。

奔奔语:还是在给我穿小鞋,真不知道哪儿得罪他了!

We are over the hump now.

现在我们已渡过了难关。

奔奔语:可以小小放松一下。

If you don’t fight the clock to enrich yourself,you will be lagged behind soon.

如果你不抓紧时间充实自己的话,不久你就会被甩在后面的。

奔奔语:竞争时代的残酷性。

潇洒又多金的SOHO一族们

I’m only able to scratch the surface.

我只是略知皮毛而已。

SOHO语:做人要低调。

Hard work never kills anybody.But why take the risk?

努力工作不会致人死亡,不过我不会用自己去证明。

SOHO语:说别人时总是异常神勇。

Gotcha.

明白你的意思了。

SOHO语:简单明了的白领腔。

Let me foot the bill.

让我来付账吧。

SOHO语:对SOHO族来说,钱儿从来就不是问题。

Let me spring for dinner.

我来请客吃饭吧。

SOHO语:估计你的下属们最愿意听到这句话。

You’d stop trying to butter me up.

你不要再恭维我了。

SOHO语:虽然听着很爽,但是要谦虚些。

Let’s bag it.

先把它搁一边。

SOHO语:解决最棘手的问题先。

I hope nothing is wrong.

我希望一切顺利。

SOHO语:不出问题,万事大吉。

He has got money coming out of his ears.

他很富有。

SOHO语:富有到钱都不知道从哪里来的。

Who made room for you?

谁给你腾出了地方?

SOHO语:谁这么有奉献精神?

How about going KTV after fitting and making a night of it?

健身后再去唱歌,痛快地玩它一夜,怎么样?

SOHO语:丰富多彩夜生活。

To finish the task in time was a tall order but l did it.

要按时完成这项工作是个艰巨的挑战,但我完成了。

SOHO语:所以我骄傲!

I am on the last lap for this project.

这个项目我很快就要攻克下来了。

SOHO语:这也就意味着我马上就要占领胜利的高地了。

I would like to touch base with you.

我想跟你保持联络。

SOHO语:以便日后能用得着(内心话)。

I think that my computer has finally bitten the dust.

我想我的电脑已经报废了。

SOHO语:对SOHO族来说,电脑就是他们的左膀右臂。

I think you put your finger on it.

我觉得你说到点子上了。

SOHO语:简洁又极具领导风的言语。

I think IBM is at the cutting edge of computer industry.

我认为IBM公司处于电脑行业的前沿。

SOHO语:专业眼光评价行业发展。

By and large,your plan is a good one.

总体来说,你的计划很好。

SOHO语:这句话后通常都会有下文:“但,就细节而言……”

I wiII try to sandwich that job in after coffee.

我尽力在喝完咖啡后挤出时间去做那件事。

SOHO语:事情是要办的,但生活也还是要享受的。

We always sit there drinking beer and chewing the fat on weekends.

我们周末常坐在那儿喝着啤酒聊天。

SOHO语:同是在职场,但SOHO族与奔奔族的生活质量完全不在一个水平线上。

Scratch the Friday thing.

星期五我不行。

SOHO语:SOHO族与明星一样,都是有档期的。

I cannot going fishing with you,I have other fish to fry.

我不能和你一起去钓鱼了,我还有别的事。

SOHO语:休闲放松的事儿什么时候都能做,但我现在手头上有其他的事儿要忙。

My friends will not turn the cold shoulder to me when I am in trouble.

我的朋友不会在我困难时疏远我。

SOHO语:如今在工作中已经很难再交到不计金钱利益的朋友了。

Can you just give me a snapshot of yourself?

你能给我做一个简单的自我介绍吗?

SOHO语:面试必经步骤:自我介绍。

He cawed out a successful career.

他事业有成。

SOHO语:SOHO族大多事业有成。

I’m beating my brains out to finish this puzzle.

我正在绞尽脑汁解决这个难题。

SOHO语:解决这一难题不知道要费死多少脑细胞。

You’re missing the bigger picture.

你没有全面考虑。

SOHO语:所以工作必然会有漏洞。

He is equal to any work whatever.

他对任何工作都可胜任。

SOHO语:可被封为工作达人。

The friend has all sorts of differently,has the helpful friend,has the friend who is a bad influence.

朋友有种种不同,有益友,有损友。

SOHO语:这样的生活才多姿多彩,接触的层面亦迥然不同。

He will do well in it because he has a lot on the ball.

他很有一手,肯定能做好这件事。

SOHO语:能人均有一技之长。

You scored a bull’s eye with your last assignment.

你上次那个任务完成得太漂亮了。

SOHO语:老总对你委以重任,果然没看走眼。

I had a man-to-man talk with him about the puzzle.

我和他就这个问题开诚布公地进行了交谈。

SOHO语:一场关于男人与男人的不流血的战争。

We are of one mind on the matter.

在这件事情上我们意见一致。

SOHO语:常用于肯定下属的想法。

I’ll be free tomorrow. You name the time.

我明天有空,你来定时间吧!

SOHO语:我明天就完全交给你了,你来安排时间。

Economic crisis is fast becoming a hot potato.

经济危机成为一个棘手难题。

SOHO语:它让始终轻松滋润的SOHO族不免也紧张起来。

Shucks,it wasn’t anything.

哪里哪里,这没什么。

SOHO语:只有有内涵的人才懂得内敛沉稳。

Her eyes popped out when she saw my diamond.

当她看见我的钻戒时目瞪口呆。

SOHO语:莫非是传说中的鸽子蛋?

I have never sold my friends down the river.

我从不出卖我的朋友。

SOHO语:只有以诚相待,才能得到他人的真诚对待。

It’s nothing.Don’t mention it.

区区小事,何足挂齿。

SOHO语:在帮助别人后的客套话。

Sorry,I’m tied up.

真对不起,我另有安排。

SOHO语:没办法,档期太满。

I accepted his invitation with a good grace.

我欣然接受他的邀请。

SOHO语:只要不是鸿门宴,都应欣然前往。

Now’s a bad time. Can we do it later?

现在不太方便,能不能等一会儿?

SOHO语:SOHO族也还是有很忙的时候的。

Are you booked up for this afternoon?

你看今天下午有空吗?

SOHO语:今天下午你被预订了吗?

Sometimes looks can be deceiving.It’s actually a no-brainer.

有时候外表是会骗人的,这件事情其实是很容易的。

SOHO语:不要被事情的烟雾弹所迷惑,要拨开云雾见青天。

He has always the means of talking business.

在谈生意方面,他可有门道了。

SOHO语:稳坐SOHO宝座的秘诀。

I’ll say.

我也有同感。

SOHO语:依附上级想法的说辞。

Let me ring that up for you!

让我帮你结账吧!

SOHO语:收买人心的方法之一。

哥追的不是星,追的是寂寞

Can I have your autograph?

可以给我签个名吗?

追星语:见到明星使用频率最高的一句话。

Michael Jackson is a big name in the music business.

迈克尔?杰克逊在乐坛是个响当当的名字。